occupational Hygiene Services
WHat is Occupational hygiene?
Occupational hygiene services have been defined as:
Occupational Hygiene is the discipline of anticipating, recognising, evaluating and controlling health hazards in the working environment with the objective of protecting worker health and well-being and safeguarding the community at large.‘International Occupational Hygiene Association
What does occupation hygiene include?
Occupational Hygiene Services are found in all industries and market. According to the International Occupational Hygiene Association, the role of the Occupational Hygienist is broad, and includes:
- Air Sampling & Instrumentation
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biostatistics & Epidemiology
- Community Exposure
- Engineering Controls/Ventilation
- Health Risk Analysis & Hazard Communication
- Occupational Hygiene Program Management
- Non-Engineering Controls
- Radiation (Ionizing and Non-ionizing)
- Thermal Environment
- Work Environments & Industrial Processes
Regardless of industry, all businesses can use professional services. The nature of business means that employees are exposed to some risk, whether it is chemical, biological, or even their work station itself.
WHat services do you provide?
Ithaca Health and Environment offers a full range of Occupational Hygiene services, designed to suit your needs. Our services include, among many others:
- Noise Assessments and Surveys
- Thermal Assessments
- Air Quality, Dust, Fumes, and Vapours
- Local Exhaust Ventilation Assessments
- Radiation Assessments
- Ergonomic Assessments
Please contact us to discuss how we can help.